6.7.04

Underwater therapy

Geez Louise, I sound like a ranting lunatic who needs to periodically wipe foam off his lips. Ah well, Poe possibly died from rabies. Here's some books I (a) have finished (b) gave a partial read, or (c) have a desperate need to read:

Bakunin - The Philosophy of Freedom, Brain Morris: I found Morris to be overly critical of Bakunin, possibly to sound objective? Had to return to library. Phooey.

Anarchy! - An Anthology of Emma Goldman's Mother Earth, ed. Peter Glassgold: Bloody good. I danced around my house in a drunken stupor as I read this. Auntie Em was so awesome, she made the men in her era look like complete fools. She will be the subject of many papers, that's fer sure. I would like
to tie in her anti-war articles with Gertrude Stein's work during World War 2.

What Right? - Graphic Interpetations Against Censorship, ed. Robin Fisher: This was fun to read over, it's nice to read comics I haven't seen before from familiar artists. What can I say? Censorship is a complex issue, and it becomes dangerous when we begin talking about expressing political views in the current social atmosphere. Can radical leftists participate in public dialogue, knowing that the public sphere constrains and contorts?

Comics? Oh yes. Walking Dead, Iron Wagon, Astro City, getting through V for Vendetta, Y the Last Man, just picked up Street Angel #2 and it's so much fun.

1 comment:

Jay said...

The rabies thing was only theory a few years back, whether or not it's true depends on your sense of humor.