6.1.06

A mash-up of news.

Oh, man. Yesterday my sinuses ached, I had a slight tingle in my throat and I was light-headed. Today, my nose is officially running. Congratulations J, you have contracted your first cold in years. Nonetheless, there is nothing more satisfying than expelling the foul contents from my nostrils into a waiting tissue. Having my nose cleared out so it can resume its respiratory duties can feel like a warming glass of aged whiskey: satisfying. I'm thinking of cutting out of work early today so I can rest and read. Robin and Grace are coming into town today and they might be crashing at our place. I can't be an exceedingly charming host, but the most I can do is actually be there if they arrive. I do have to pick up some things on the way home, so leaving early will buy me some precious time.

I dropped lit theory this morning. I didn't like it, but I eagerly await my theory courses in my third and fourth year.

Did I mention Robin proposed to Grace on Christmas morning, and she said yes? I want to send my congratulations to them both and all the best in their future together!

2 comments:

grad student hack said...

Gross and/or cute.

I shall make thee a hot whisky drink that shall cure thee of thine ills.

Jay said...

After sipping on some Neo-Citron, I'm thinking that a hot whiskey drink will flush out this unwelcome visitor.