23.1.06

Rant!

I spent my whole weekend reading. And taking breaks from reading. At least I made some significant progress.

Today is Voting Day. I won't be able to get to my polling station until after school, which is at 5. The station closes at 7. Yikes!

I don't have any big expectations this election. I know the Liberals will taken down a few notches, and the Conservatives and the NDP will do a little better than the last election. The Liberal's monopoly of the House of Commons will be shaken, much like the previous election, and they'll have to negotiate with the likes of Harper. Just keep Harper out of power, please.

The Liberals are very good at maintaining the status quo, and allow a small amount of change over a long period of time. The systems in place don't get gutted. The funny thing is, whenever there is a Conservative majority, Canadian society gets a swift kick to the kidneys. Say, like, the GST for instance. It's like your employer hiring his insane, backwoods cousin to come in and manage the business for awhile. Before you know it, there's pigs in the staff room and the store is open for seventeen hours straight.

No comments: