30.1.06

The worst weekend in the world.

Hm. Well, to begin with, I had to rush to the emergency room Friday night, on account of a serious chest pain that had me experience the worst anxiety attack I've suffered in years. It was like a tsunami of fear and confusion. In the emergency ward, the nurses had me hooked up to an IV and a heart monitor, and one of the poor nurses couldn't find a cooperative vein to pierce. So, my right arm has some rash action going on, plus some bruising from another nurse taking a blood sample.

Experiencing that kind of fear . . . wow . . . I felt as though my heart would suddenly stop, and the life I've built for myself - school, relationships, whatever successes I've accomplished - began to swirl and disintegrate. The people I knew sped by, as though I were driving down a busy highway, flying past them as they waved to me.

Then, I had to finish my essay.

Which is done.

Then, on Sunday night, my beloved laptop went dead. Andrew and Lisa are taking it to the Computer Hospital this afternoon while I'm at school. I'm very lucky to live with such noble people. Apparently, the files in my hard drive have not been corrupted, but the damn thing won't boot up. The DVD drive has been acting up lately, so my theory is the drive finally gave out and affected the rest of the computer.

After class today, I went to the bathroom. Okay, bear with me here. I sat down, and was greeted by a cool, wet sensation on my nether-region. I sat in someone's pee.

I think I need a drink.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaah pook
that SUCKS
but hey, at least it wasn't shit on your shirt. (can i swear on this?)

i didn't know about emerg - i think you should have a visit with your cousin glen (or lisa's cousin glen).

hope you're feeling better.
jess :)

Jay said...

Thanks Jess, I'm feeling a lot better since yesterday. I helped my friend Iain move last night, and that included drinking his leftover wine. It was a cheap wine that tasted like maple syrup, but, you know, it was free.

Anonymous said...

Friday night emergency room downtown is an interesting way to spend the wee hours. I'm glad that you are feeling somewhat better. Don't worry, Lappy is in good hands. A's bargaining skill is unparalleled in this dimension, so that $1000 discount should cheer you up.

hugs,
l

Jay said...

It definitely did. I was relieved that I didn't have to deal with the particulars of my computer problem.